Wednesday 11 April 2007

A TRIP TO FAIRYLAND..

Thank you to all of our customers for your patience and understanding on Saturday the 24th of March, whilst we closed the café for the day. David and I got married in the front room of the Homestead and later had our reception in the Café. It was a truly magical day! As our regular readers know, Joanne and I ask that all couples who get married at the Homestead provide us with a bit of background on their relationship, so we can write up a little story in the newsletter. Apparently being management does not excuse me from doing the same… David and I met 11 years ago in Darwin, whilst we both worked for a restaurant/nightclub complex. I was the Restaurant Manager at the time and David was employed to be the new DJ in the nightclub. As much as I would like to tell you it was love at first sight, it was actually much better. David quickly became my best friend and we were soon inseparable as a couple. It may have taken 11 years and 3 children but we eventually tied the knot, and could not be happier! Not only do I get to say I married my best friend, I have also been fortunate enough to have gained a beautiful family. David’s family have been an absolute well of love and support, for both of us and our children, and I cannot thank them enough for all they have done and continue to do...I have gained so much, in the way of not only parents I love as my own, but 2 sisters, (one of whom is also my business partner and very dear friend and confidante) whom I love very much and simply could not do without… A very big thank you has to be said to all of them, for all of the hard work they put into making our wedding day perfectly magical, and as for Jo, I could not have imagined a more magnificent reception! And Thank you All, who wished us well, it meant so much! Love Tye x

No comments: