Thursday 2 August 2007

Dear Aunt Gladys

Dear Aunt Gladys, I really hope you can help me with my problem. I have been going out with a boy for 2 weeks now. He is very nice and I really like him. He has asked me to the movies. I am really excited! When he asked me which movie I wanted to see I told him I would love to see Harry Potter. The next day he told me we were going to see The Simpson's. I do not want to see this movie and am worried this does not bode well for our relationship. What do you think?
Signed, Distraught…
Dearest Distraught,
My dear girl. First may I begin by saying well done on recognizing this problem so soon! Of course this is a very obvious pre cursor to what could become major conflict down the track. Seems to me this boy is showing all the signs of being the worst kind of selfish cad! What on earth was the point of asking you which movie you wanted to see only to override it with his own preference when he decided he did not agree with yours!
Today its which movie you would prefer, tomorrow it is which colors for the lounge room, or what to name the baby, or even can you return to work after the baby! This boy sounds as though he will grow up into the kind of man that controls your every move, from what to name the dog to whom will look after his ailing mother.
I say dear girl, run, run for your life as though a rabid squirrel was on your heels. Run and never look back. As they say...There is no cure for rabies and prevention is better than a cure.
Love, Aunt Gladys xx

No comments: